LAS Outstanding Research / Creative Works Award
LAS Faculty Awards
Outstanding Research & Creative Works Award
Nominations/self-nomination are solicited for the annual LAS Research/Creative Works Award.
The recipient will receive:
- Special recognition on LAS 2022 Awards Website
- $500 one-time award (before taxes)
- $500 base salary increase
Submission Deadline: TBD
Please include the following:
- Nominating letter
- Candidate's vitae
- Candidate statement that includes a summary of your research/creative works and an assessment of its impact on the candidate's field. This might include a discussion of publications, grants, funding history, awards and recognition, performance, display history...
- At least 2 letters of support from scholars in the candidate's field
- "Third-party" evidence of impact. This might include reviews of the candidate's book(s), discussion of the candidate's work in other published formats, citation history, impact factor metrics, or examples of applied use of research in policy or pedagogy.
- An example of the candidate's published work
- Other relevant supporting materials
- Strength of Nominating letter
- Impact of research on the candidate's field
- Quality and quantity of publications
- Success in receiving grants
- Receipt of awards and recognitions
- Strength of external letters of support from scholars in the candidate's field
- "Third-party" evidence of impact (reviews of candidate's book(s), discussion of candidates' work in other published formats, citation history, impact factor metrics, or examples of applied use of research in policy or pedagogy
- Other relevant supporting materials.
- The committee will put the most weight on research productivity accomplished while at UCCS, including collaboration with students. If the qualities of the applications are equal, the applicants' career stage and time at UCCS will be considered.
- Create a OneDrive folder and share it with Margie Oldham.
- Please follow the video instructions provided by the FRC on how to create a folder and save documents in OneDrive.
- Within your submission folder, please include all required submission materials, please see Naming & Labels for Submission Folder.
- Please submit all materials by the submission deadline.
- If you have any questions on submission procedures, please contact Margie Oldham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Naming & Labels for Submission Folder
- CandidateName_04b_Recommendation2 (more if desired)
- CandidateName_06b_Publication (more if desired)
- CandidateName_07_other_supporting_materials (if relevant)