Curriculum & Requirement Procedures
Curriculum & Requirements procedures for submitting course proposals or revisions:
- Complete page one of the course inventory form, sign, date and forward to the department chair for their signature. Return completed form to the LAS Dean’s office representative NOT to Admissions & Records.
- Complete pages two and three of the LAS-specific course inventory form. a. If requesting the course be considered for a DOG (Cultural Diversity, Oral Communication, Global Awareness) or LAS-specific area requirements (Humanities, Natural Science, Social Science), please submit the appropriate form.
- Submit course syllabus (Identify 16-week course curriculum and student learning outcomes.)
- Submit all completed paperwork via email to the dean’s office during the first week of the month.
- Be available to present at the next C&R meeting. Meetings are normally held on the third Wednesday of each month at 8:00am. Any changes to the meeting dates will be detailed on the LAS Committee webpage: https://las.uccs.edu/committees. There are no meetings held during summer.
- Complete page one of the course inventory form, sign and obtain department chair’s signature.
Unless there are substantial changes to a course description, your attendance at a C&R meeting will not be required.
Note: In order to complete these forms electronically, download the form in to Adobe Reader rather than filling in via the browser. Some browsers may disable certain features in the fillable forms and Adobe Reader should allow all of it to work. Within Adobe Reader you can use your electronic signature. To set up your electronic signature, follow these steps:
In the tools is the option for certificates:
Select “Digitally Sign” and place the authenticated signature where required.
Questions: Please contact the FRC Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.